Qualified Signal Person & Basic Rigging
Employers, are you in compliance with OSHA’s 2010 regulations for signalman and riggers? We offer an economical, one-day certification course for signaling and basic rigging.
Read a fact sheet on the OSHA standard for qualified signalpersons here.Read a fact sheet on the OSHA standard for qualified riggers here
This full-day class covers:
- When is a signal person required?
- Standard signals for a crane or derrick construction site
- Non standard signals and factors that affect communication
- Crane dynamics
- Basic rigging techniques and calculations for different types of loads
- Hands-on practice with knots and rigging techniques
- A written and practical test for signaling
- A written test for rigging
- A qualification card issued to those passing exams (those who do not pass are invited back to a future class at no charge)
- Pocket rigging guides included in class price
Discounts are available for groups of three or more. We can also discuss pricing and scheduling for an onsite class at your company location for a group of your employees. With the onsite option, we can customize the program to the specific needs of your employees and the type of rigging they typically do.